Our Apprenticeship Scheme – for Employers
An Apprenticeship is a fantastic way to recruit enthusiastic employees who become a real asset to your business.
A combination of on and off the job training ensures that your apprentice gains the knowledge, skills and behaviours that your business requires and that meet an agreed industry standard.
Benefits of employing an Apprentice
- Harness fresh new talent and create bespoke Apprenticeships to suit your organisation’s needs
- Mentor and develop loyal and talented individuals to increase your business efficiency and productivity
- A cost-effective way of recruiting and/or training new staff
- Skilled and experienced staff that help increase your sales, efficiency and profitability
- Funding is available to contribute towards the cost of an Apprenticeship
- The ideal solution to bridging skills gaps
The Key facts
- As an employer, you are legally required to pay Apprentices at least the National Minimum Apprenticeship Wage for their age group. Please visit gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates for more information.
- Apprentices are entitled to the same rate of pay for any training days (such as in College) they undertake as part of their Apprenticeship as they would in the workplace
- Employers are legally required to provide Apprentices with the same entitlement of holiday allowance as full-time employees (all other employment benefits provided to Apprentices are at your discretion)
- An Apprentice can progress through the different Apprenticeship Levels should you be happy in supporting them to do so
- It is your responsibility as an employer to ensure the health, safety and welfare of your Apprentice
- It is your responsibility as an employer to ensure equal opportunity for your Apprentice is maintained the workplace
A Traineeship is an unpaid programme which lasts between ten and fifteen weeks and is aimed at supporting young people to secure a job or an Apprenticeship.
Level 2 – equivalent to five A*-C/9-4 GCSEs
Level 3 – equivalent to two A-Levels
Levels 4-5 – equivalent to a Foundation Degree and above
Levels 6 & 7 – full Bachelors or Masters Degrees
Apprenticeships are the perfect solution to bridge skills gaps, combat issues such as an ageing workforce, and inject eager, motivated, flexible and loyal individuals into your workforce.
Types of Apprenticeships
At RNN Group we offer a wide range of training in multiple subjects and disciplines, including:
- Business Administration and Customer Service
- Childcare and Education
- Hair and Beauty
- Health and Social Care
- HR and Recruitment
- Management and Team Leadership
- Motor Vehicle
Our free recruitment service
Our recruitment service hand-picks the best local talent, often from our candidate pool of up to 5,000 people, to find the most suitable candidates for your business.
Our dedicated recruitment team will work with you from the start to the end of the recruitment process.
- Advertise your Apprenticeship vacancy
- Identify the most suitable candidates by pre-assessing candidates
- Shortlist candidates and arrange interviews with candidates by telephone, email and/or letter
- Interested in employing an Apprentice? Contact 01709 513147 or email email@example.com to speak to a dedicated Business Development Advisor.
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE)
The Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education (IfATE) occupational maps, shown below, shows where technical education can lead.
Click the image below to take a closer look or follow the link to explore the routes further on the IfATE website.