Coronation Celebrations and Volunteering
As we gain momentum towards the Coronation weekend, which includes the Coronation on Saturday, the #TheBigLunch on Sunday and the #TheBigHelpOut on the Monday, we thought we would focus on the #TheBigHelpOut and how important supporting our communities and community organisations is for the RNN Group.
Over the years, the Group’s learners have supported a variety of causes including
- Hosting a fashion show raising over £900 for Rotherham Hospice
- Completed a charity cycle race to support the Honduras floods in 2021 raising over £800
- Donated books to upskill and inspire members of the public
- Joined a nationwide campaign to support its local communities
- Supported and hosted, for a Remembrance service, the Royal British Legion
- Hosted a bake sale to raise money from the Salvation Army Christmas appeal
In recent years:
- Rotherham College hospitality students raised nearly £1000 for Bluebell Wood Hospice through a charity night, a quiz and a raffle.
- North Notts College Flex learners donated over 35 gift bags brimming with toiletries to local homelessness charity Hope Community Services
- Dearne Valley College recently hosted a Wheels For All event at the campus, in partnership with Cycling Projects. Wheels For All provide modified bikes for both children and adults who may have difficulty or be unable to ride traditional bikes.
We were a major city supporter of the Women’s Euro’s last year across the four games that Rotherham hosted and we all enjoy our time at the Rotherham show supporting this community annual event.
At the moment, all the Colleges in the Group are raising support for the Trussell Trust, which is a charity which works with a network of local food banks to provide emergency food and support for people locked in poverty. The donations will go directly to local residents.
Our vision is to lead on Innovation and Skills within our local communities but at the heart of this is ‘Our Communities’.
Learners and staff are getting ready for the #TheBigHelpOut and you can contribute by visiting the official website on the Coronation and finding out what’s available near you over the weekend not just to support the #TheBigHelpOut but to enjoy a #BigLunch and watch the Coronation: https://coronation.gov.uk/events/