Values: What’s important to you?
Last week was World Values Day which is an annual campaign to increase the awareness and practice of values around the world.
As the World Values Day website says, values are what matter most to us. They motivate and guide us. They are the passion in our hearts, the reason we do the things we do. For many, values are like principles – very important and could be considered a part of an individuals ‘brand’. Just like organisations/ businesses.
Values are deeply held beliefs and principles that guide and influence an organisation’s (or individual’s) attitudes, behaviours, and decision-making. They serve as a foundation for an ethical and moral framework, shaping how they view the world and interact with others. Values can be personal, cultural, or societal, and they play a crucial role in defining an organisation’s identity.
In a world that can feel increasingly divided, values help unite us. They are the glue holding together our communities and wider society. This year’s campaign theme is Values Bring Us Together.
RNN Group has some deeply held values which are important to us to bring us together as a Group of nearly 1,000 staff and over 12,000 learners across multiple sites. These include the following:
- We put students and staff at the heart of everything we do
- We work to overcome social injustice
- We treat everyone fairly and celebrate our differences
- We create an environment that is supportive and accessible for all
- We conduct ourselves professionally at all times
- We demand honesty and trust from all people that work with us
- We listen
- We respect and value all individuals
- We empower our staff
- We are one team committed to going the extra mile
- We are accountable for our actions
- We have fun and enjoy being at work
- We are passionate about delivering excellent quality & service
- We are innovative and bold
- We deliver through working together
- We build resilience and overcome challenges
As a Group we work hard to channel these values into everything we do and our vision which is to lead on innovation and skills in our communities and bring people together through learning and education.
So just following on from World Values Day, let’s concentrate on what brings us together.
Let’s put our values into action, reaching across the barriers that divide us to build stronger communities!